Sep 2, 2009

check your pronouns

from a medical blog i came across while looking for photos of people using chapstick (whatever):

------
MedHelp Member's Question
Is chapstick really addictive?
by Melissa

I know this sounds rediculous, but I was wondering if chapstick is addictive. I have been using chapstick daily, multiple times a day for the past 5 years. When I dont use it, my lips become unbearably chapped.


Doctor's Answer
by Alan Rockoff, MD

Melissa:

Chapstick isn't addictive, but putting any moisturizer on lips tends to be habit-forming.

Lips are very psychologically-sensitive areas. Just thinking about them makes them feel dry. Whenever a patient complains of dry lips, I have to force myself not to lick them while they're talking.
------

:-|

6 comments:

schoolpants said...

Alan Rockoff, MD is a perve. i'm tempted to make a pun about how he only practices medicine as a way to "get his rocks off," but i will stifle the urge and instead mention the temptation and, in doing so, still share the pun, yet appear too highbrow to actually make the joke.

Amber Hollingsworth said...

haha! i thought of that too but didn't know how to go about it. you, my friend, you've got it figured out. [taps side of head and makes clicky noise. squints slightly. (this demonstrates knowledge)]

Phil said...

Wait...Dr. Rockoff licks other people's lips? I thought I was his special friend. :(

Amber Hollingsworth said...

dr. rockoff sez:
"you ARE special, phil! now tell me what else feels dry..."

mwahahaha that was disgusting, i'm sorry. that dr. rockoff, though, such a perv!

Adam Shonkoff said...

Wait. The craziest craziest craziest thing about this is that I went to a Dr. Alan Rockoff in Brookline last year to have my fungus toe examined. He was a dermatologist. I imagine it is this same guy.

Amber Hollingsworth said...

oh my god it IS him!!
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Is-chapstick-really-addictive/show/239683

i am starting to get a little creeped out by the coincidences in my life. this is amazing.