Jun 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

if you're wondering how i turned out so nice and smart, well, it's because every day as i headed out the door to school, my dad would say "have a good day, be nice to all creatures, and get a gob of hundreds!"

(he would seriously say that, i'm not making it up for blog's sake.)

my dad was also a big fan of doing winter activities with me and lora, like snowmobiling and building a giant igloo out of all the snow in the front yard or tying the sled to the back of his pickup with rope and pulling us down the alleyway until we crashed into a dumpster pretty hard that one time.

but i think my all-time favorite memory of me and my dad is in the first house we lived in in worland, waking up around 5am all sleepy-like and helping him put newspapers into the fireplace to light the logs so the house would be warm when we all woke up (for reals) later on. when lora and i got old enough to drive, he'd go out on cold mornings and turn our car heaters on for us about 10 minutes before we'd leave and scrape the ice from the windows.

thanks, dad! we were never cold growing up : )




3 comments:

ponderhead said...

Thanks! I haven't had much access to the internet the past few days.

Yeah, it was good. The only time we were concerned was when mom asked what you were doing and you said you were tying up your imaginary friend "Ur" because he wouldn't take a nap. Had him tied up pretty good in rope and knots---you were the tying upiest kid I ever saw. You tied everything up. "hehe"

I'll call you later.

ponderhead said...

Oh yeah---I used to say...."have a good day, be nice to all creatures, and get a gob of hundreds.......and have fun!!!"

Amber Hollingsworth said...

oh yeah!! that must be why i have so much fun, too.

that's weird about ur. nowadays all he wants to do is sleep!